More than a graphic memoir of finding hope in the darkest hours, Buku Kuku-Ku is a book about finding meaning in life, and in death. Cipta Croft-Cusworth was born in England and raised in Indonesia, the son of Indonesian writer Lilimunir and English chess master Michael Croft-Cusworth. After his father passed away in 1997, Cipta began to draw, obsessively, creating a new world in response to the tumultuous times in which he was enveloped, a world centered around the quest for the missing crown of Emanon. Through these illustrations and the English and Indonesian poetry that he wrote to accompany them, a story developed that eventually found its full form in this volume. Buku Kuku-Ku: a book of personal philosophy characterized by the author's steadfast faith in black magic and 'tenaga dalam'.
17 x 24 x 2 cm (portrait)
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office