The artworks in this book are the results of carefully selecting hundreds Sriyanto's drawings, sketches, and paintings with a variety of medium such oil colors, watercolors, acrylic, pastel, ink, pencil, and charcoal. If one pays close attention to Sriyanto's artworks, one can see his strong and powerful drawing skills with pencil, pastel, brush or even watercolor and oil color. As a self-taught painter, Sriyanto creates easily and without the burden of formal instruction. His work does not fall into a specific painting style. For him, to create is the ultimate achievement—to personally express and execute his passion for art.
Sriyanto was born in Cepu, Central Java on November 16, 1937. Sriyanto is a self-learner as he never took any formal education in the art of painting, nor was he taught by other painters. During his youth, he made friends with painters in Surabaya and joined a painters' club called Prabangkara. Many times, he joint-exhibited with senior painters from Surabaya. In Jakarta, he became a member of the Indonesian Watercolor Society and has showcased his works with senior watercolor painters in Indonesia to as far away as China and South Korea.
About the Book
25 x 28 cm (portrait)
Galeri Sriyanto x Afterhours Books
Softcover IDR 300,000
Hardcover IDR 450,000
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office