LAST FEW COPIES!
By Amir Sidharta
A seminal work on a major artist in Indonesia today, the Dutch-born artist Arie Smit (b. 1916) first arrived in Batavia in 1938 prior to moving to Bali which consumed the remainder of his life. This special, limited, artist-signed and numbered book, is a richly illustrated hommage to the eldest and last generation of foreign (Dutch) painters working in pre- and past world war Bali, who, amongst others, founded the "Young Artists" (on Bali); following the inspiration established by Walter Spies, Willem G. Hofker, Rudolf Bonnet, Auke Sonnega, Theo Meier, Mario Blanco (et.al.) offers a comprehensive view of the artist’s vibrant life and career which inspired several generations of young Balinese artists, who have gone on to form important style movements. A must for every collector and devotee to foreign painting in the Dutch East Indies/Indonesia.
Cover: Hardcover with exclusive slipcase
Size: 30 x 28 cm
Shipping Weight: 6 kg
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office