RAW by Vanessa Van Houten
About Vanessa Van Houten
Vanessa was born in San Rafael, California in 1971 and grew up in the Bahamas, Berlin and Munich. After completing a Bachelor of Photography at Polytechnic University in Dortmund, Germany she relocated to New York City to study with Jonas Mekas at The Anthology Film Archives. In 2007 she completed a Bachelor of Filmmaking at The Film Academy in Munich.
PAPERFOLD (2012) was a photography exhibition of 24 tableaux vivants, shot in South Africa and shown at the C3 Gallery in Melbourne, Other Photography exhibtions include TABOO (2010), REMEMBERING WHATS LOST (2009) and TABU (2003) at the Haus der Kunst in Munich, as part of the young artist in Germany exhibition.
PAPER BIRD (2007) is her first feature film, and has been screened at an array of international film festivals and aired nationally on German television. Other films include Karma Cowboy (2001), Mona (1998), New York Images (1996), Alps (1995) and Growing Silently (1994), which have been screened at international film festivals including Leipzig (Germany), Beirut (Lebanon), Taiwan, Rotterdam (Holland), Prague (Czech Republic), South Korea, Petersburg (Russia), Barcelona (Spain) ect and won several prizes including the Prix Regards Neufs 1st Prize and the Bavarian Documentary Award "The Young Lion" at the Munich Film Festival, 2002 for Karma Cowboy.
Format Size: 25 x 34 cm (Portrait) , Hardcover
Pages: 244, Full Color
Shipping Weight: 2 Kg
• Regular Edition: IDR 770,000 (International: USD 55)
• Collectors Edition: IDR 7,700,000 (International: USD 550)
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office