By Josef Hoflehner
Josef Hoflehner s China monograph spans four years of intensive travel to the Middle Kingdom and is an amazing testament to the unique confluence of geography, history and commerce that has shaped this vast nation. Through an original and often startling juxtaposition of images, classical sites from antiquity mix with new urban skylines to form a collection that underscores the contrasts of modern Chinese life and the sweeping changes taking place. - from the Introduction by Scott Minick. - This new book features more than 100 of Josef Hoflehner's epic photographs from China. Most of them are published here for the first time. Superbly printed in duotone by China's leading art book printer.
About the Author
Each of Josef Hoflehner s photographs achieves a perfection of composition that seems to defy the possibility that it could ever be seen any other way. Gripping in their ultimate solitude and the unexpected natural beauty they capture, Hoflehner's photographs take his earthly subject matter to raise it to an almost mythical level, defining the essence of the place. In these rare and elusive moments, the natural and the man made are brought together in a poetic interplay of light and shadow, emptiness and structure.
Hardcover: 132 pages
Publisher: Most Press; 1 edition (September 1, 2009)
Product Dimensions: 31 x 2 x 33 cm
Shipping Weight: 1,8 kg
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office