By Sandi Saputra
“I started this project in 2009 to 2011, during this 3 years I was only having 2 hours to portray the empty city, it was from 6 to 8 am when all Muslim went pray- ing. This subject was born from research and incuba- tion process of me seeing city problems. What I do was just take some time off and after that I saw the awful reality that the city that I live in is ecologically degrad- ed. Therefore, I took PAUSE; URBAN DECAY as a title, to represent a city the ecologically decreased.
My works specifically bring up the urban and daily is- sues, it is they tend to be seen as unimportant issue,
as a result of modernity hegemony that always see future-oriented life, and forget fundamental things. Just for example, how important is bedroom spaces for you? If we go after modern paradigm it’s not an import- ant matter, but position in jobs is. In fact, human won’t be survive without bedroom, or spaces to rest. That was a bit description about how important of daily matter to be brought up to become a potential artwork.”
Only available in limited edition of 100. Signed and numbered by the photographer. Price: Rp 2.200.000.
Cover: Hardcover, foilstamped on cover and spine, Chapter booklets printed on kraft paper
Size: 24 x 31 x 2 cm (portrait)
Pages: 164, 68 high-definition color photos
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Publisher: Afterhours Books
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office