By: Philippe Marinig
Secret Moments of Maikos is a captivating photography book that offers a glimpse into the hidden world of Japan's maikos (geisha apprentices). Shot in Kyoto's famous Gion quarter, photographer Philippe Marinig's arresting images capture the grace and beauty of the women in this age-old profession. The book, made with premium materials and featuring French-fold binding includes color photography and 21 haiku in original Japanese translated into both French and English.
About the Author
Born in 1962 in Chateau-Arnoux in the French Alps, Philippe Marinig became interested in photography at a young age. After studying fine art in Boston and armed with experience from his time with Denis Brihat and the French Ministry of Defense's photographic service, he worked as a freelance photo journalist for Liberation and Globe in Paris. His encounter with Eddy and Pierre Gassmann marked a turning point in his career and he launched PICTO, a successful photo laboratory and art space in Cape Town in 1992. He currently divides his time between South Africa, Japan and Europe.
Hardcover: 152 pages
Publisher: Gatehouse Publishing; Multilingual edition (September 1, 2017)
Product Dimensions: 28 x 5 x 20 cm
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office