The collapse of President Soeharto’s three-decade authoritarian rule triggered a series of events that would establish Indonesia as one of the world’s largest democracies. But the change in government also unleashed powerful, violent social forces that continue to threaten the viability and even survival of the nation. Jakarta Jive and Bali Blues, two books written by Jeremy Allan examining that tumultuous period and now presented in a combined edition, depict the lives of the people who were affected most: common Indonesians struggling to adapt to a disturbing, confusing, and occasionally frightening new world. These stories are about more than personal resilience; they are designed to illuminate the traditions, customs, and beliefs that govern the behavior of Indonesian families, communities, and the nation itself.
14 x 21 cm
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office