By: Steve McCurry
Steve McCurry's iconic images have made him one of the world's most popular photographers working today. Now, for the first time, he shares the stories behind stunning images taken from around the world throughout his extensive career.
In the finest documentary tradition, Untold: The Stories Behind the Photographs delves into McCurry's personal archive to reveal never-before-seen ephemera, including journals, portraits, maps, and beautifully reproduced snapshots from various assignments. The book is organized into 14 photo stories, each brought to life by narrative text and over 100 lavish, full-color photo plates. Together, these fascinating documents create a living biography of one of photography's greatest legends.
About the Author
Steve McCurry (b. 1950) launched his career as a photojournalist when, disguised in native garb, he crossed the Pakistan border into Afghanistan before the Russian invasion. His coverage won him the Robert Capa Gold Medal, which is awarded to photographers who exhibit exceptional courage and enterprise. Famous also for his work in Southeast Asia, McCurry's photographs are beautiful, uplifting, and powerful. McCurry has worked for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC magazine for many years and is a member of the prestigious Magnum agency. He lives in New York.
Hardcover: 264 pages
Publisher: Phaidon Press (September 3, 2013)
Product Dimensions: 25,7 x 2,8 x 35,6 cm
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office