by Helena Spanjaard
This 96-page hardcover book is a visual examination of moments in and out of frame, expanding the narrative of Bali as a melting pot and documenting the fresh and unconventional painting, drawings presented in the exhibition, with a time-span throughout the early years until present time. The book also includes photographs not included in the exhibition, and traces the participating artistsʼ reinterpretation, influence, hybrid culture of the people involved, its place in Bali, painting as a medium, and behind-the-scenes footage.
With an introductory essay by the director of Erasmus Huis theatre and gallery Ton van Zeeland. While Mrs. Helena Spanjaard the Dutch art historian outlines the background to the Exhibition and the whole book explaining the impetus of modern and contemporary Indonesian painting, especially the Balinese and its tangle affairs with the two maestros, Rudolf Bonnet and Arie Smit. Modern Balinese Painting features the work of Anak Agung Gede Sobrat, I Made Sinteg and I Ketut Soki among others. With magnificent collections of the three pioneer museums from Bali: Museum Puri Lukisan, Museum Neka and Museum ARMA as well as Museum Pasifika and Museum OHD.
21 x 21 cm
Hardcover with a unique half cloth-covered spine and tipped-in images on front and back, foil stamped in opaque white and matt laminated
Erasmus Huis x Afterhours Books
SHIPPING & HANDLING:
- JNE, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at JNE
- FEDEX International Economy, up to 4 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at FEDEX
- Regular Parcel by Post Office, up to 30 business days
- Calculated by weight and destination address, based on ongoing rate at Post Office